Permits & Licenses

A list of the permits, licenses and certificates by Department and Divisions follows:

Building: Building, Building Fire Alarm Systems, Building Sprinkler Systems, Electrical, Gas,  Mechanical, Plumbing. Select permits can be applied for Online via the Online Permit Center.

Conservation:  The Conservation department does all the permitting under the Wetland Protection Act and the Town of Andover Wetland Bylaw. Conservation issues permits and reviews all work within 100 feet of a wetland resource area and within 200 feet of riverfront area.

Health: Keeping of Animal, Beaver Trap or Dam Breach, Body Art, Recreational Camp,  Dumpster, Food Establishment, Soil Test, Pool, Private Well, Septage Hauler, Septic, Sewer, Tanning, Tobacco, Trench

Planning: Subdivision, Special Permit, Site Plan Review

Fire Rescue: Smoke & CO, LP Gas, Cutting and Welding, Fire Dumpster, Flammable & Combustibles Storage, Open Air Burning, Tank Removal. Select permits can be applied for Online via the Online Permit Center.

Special Events: Guidelines and application for hosting special events in Andover

Town Clerk: Alcoholic Beverage & Events with Alcohol, Amusement & Live Entertainment, Business Certificate, Class I & II Auto Dealer, Common Victualler, Dog & Kennel, Public Vehicle for Hire, Lodging, Outdoor Dining, Raffle & Bazaar, Second Hand Dealer, Storage of Inflammables

Municipal Services - DPW: Bald Hill Compost Site, Street Opening, Trench

Zoning: Special permits, variances, and comprehensive permits, appeals from decisions

Apply for a Permit


Look up a Permit


Online Permit Registration