How do I get a zoning verification letter?

Zoning Verification letters are ONLY issued for a business that is physically based in Andover (either in the business owner's home or a non-residential location in Andover). The zoning verification application is filed prior to applying for a Business Certificate (d/b/a or Doing Business As)  from the Town Clerk's Office.


Zoning Verifications are NOT used to verify the zoning district for any property in town, nor as a means to determine if there are any zoning code violations, site plans, zoning decisions, etc.

In order to obtain copies of public records, please use the procedure to submit public records requests listed separately in FAQs.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a zoning verification letter?
2. Do I need a certified plot plan?
3. What are the setbacks for my zoning district?
4. Are fences subject to setback requirements?
5. How long does the process take for a Zoning Board application?
6. When does the appeal period start/finish?
7. Can I file for a building permit before the appeal period expires?
8. How long is a variance/special permit valid?
9. If I need relief from other Town Boards, can I file simultaneously with my zoning application?
10. What are the allowed uses in the (insert district) zoning district?
11. Is this a buildable lot?
12. When will the Zoning Board Members respond to my email, letter or phone call?
13. Public Record Resources & Procedure to Request Records